Sunday, January 09, 2005

all night long

Do you know how long it’s been where I’ve taken a night to just curl up in bed and read? It’s been too long. It’s been entirely and ridiculously too long. I have not had the attention span or the patience or the mental fortitude to do anything more than lie under my duvet and enjoy watching The O.C. more than anyone really should really be enjoying watching The O.C. The Iron Chef has also become my one true love, and Alton Brown my boyfriend on the side.

The point is, I’ve been watching way too much television. I never watch television. It is very irritating to realize that all I want to do is watch television like some kind of crazy television watching person who watches a lot of television.

I’ve also become some kind of crazy bus-riding person who stares into space rather than pulling the book I carry everywhere, to no avail (fucking Middlemarch, out of my bag. And at lunch, I’ve been going to the gym like a crazy gym-going person, rather than curling up on the couch in the break room and reading and eating cheese-whiz right out of the aerosol can like any normal person.

But Friday night, I cancelled all of my plans to go out into the fucking rain and be social, and I poured myself a glass of wine and I pulled the duvet up to my chin and read The Know-It-All until two in the morning and my eyes were rolling back in my head, and it was the best night I’ve had in a long goddamn time. I missed reading. I have to remember how I missed it, before I start missing it again like a big dope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home