Wednesday, January 12, 2005

irony and like, stuff

The director of my graduate program said We would like to have you return. But you have to make your appeal to the dean of graduate students.

The dean of graduate students said I have heard great things about you. But you are going to have to write a letter to the director of your graduate program to appeal for reentry. Oh, and CC me.

That’s real funny! Very funny, university people! Do you see the way that I am laughing and laughing and laughing? Tears of laughter, these are. Totally.

So I’ve been trying to write that letter for about an hour now. Here is what I have so far, after an hour of chewing my lip and jumping to my feet to stalk across the room and stare angrily at a corner before I stalk back across the room and glare at a pencil, and then reseat myself and snarl at the monitor. Are you ready? Here it is:

Dear [Director of the Graduate Program]:

Man.

It’s going to be all wacky and ironic when I talk all about how I’ve struggled and overcome the writer’s block that was instrumental in my decision to take a leave of absence from the program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home