Monday, April 02, 2007

Eat Pray Love

Elizabeth Gilbert

Now, I am very pleased that Elizabeth Gilbert went looking for herself, and also that she not only found herself, but a very nice fellow and a brand new life of global wandering. I am also pleased that she writes eloquently of her experiences, both physical and spiritual. But I am also pleased to roll my eyes at her when she starts wandering off into her tee hee, I am so wacky and fucked up but everyone loves me because I am so beautiful and lovable! tangents. Or maybe I am jealous of her trip. Except for how I hate to travel, mostly. It was still a lovely read, though I am puzzled by the Amazon reviewers who recommend reading this book with a pen and paper, in order to take notes. Come on, people.

3 Comments:

Blogger canknitian said...

I agree. Good book, glad to roll my eyes at the 'kooky me' stories, overall a good balance of experience and analysis. I enjoyed it but SERIOUSLY who needed to take notes?

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is another one of those books (like The Year of Magical Thinking) that I may just not be on "that level" to read.

I'm having a reallllly hard time trying to get through the whole thing - India is a snooze and I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees just how overzealous people are about it.

9:44 AM  
Blogger A Reluctant Flatmate said...

Hey, they are working on the movie i read somewhere. will think twice though before getting excited. I might just get diabetes of all the sweetness!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home